View Single Post
Old 2010-05-24, 10:18   Link #1880
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

I don't know about Kare Kano, but there were at least one song from K-On!, "Tsubasa wo Kudasai" near the end of the movie. I thought the music fit the situation quite well, but the fact that was it was not an original piece was a bit of a let down. And the fact that I had already listened to that song about a thousand times doesn't help either...

As for the movie itself, I have mixed feelings. Generally, I thought it was good, mostly with graphics, fighting scenes, the new angels, etc. One thing I don't like was how they executed things about characters; I felt they were rushing about them. I was most disappointed with Asuka, of her scenes and how one dimensional she was depicted (Baka anyone?). Her entrance also lacked the impact she had during the original series, IIRC. Though, probably there just wasn't enough time to build up her personality, and left most things to people's prior knowledge of her. Lack of the new child in action was a bit disappointing as well. I surprised at how far the storyline was going. At one point I was like, 'Wait, is this the last movie?'. I can't hardly wait how the next movie is going to be about.

Last edited by Nochgo; 2010-05-24 at 20:06.
Nochgo is offline   Reply With Quote