View Single Post
Old 2009-09-08, 05:28   Link #75
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Someone on ANN forums did say that animators from China are not happy about plagaism. Remember CCTV is the state TV station (their news is only EVER about politicians going else where, they never report anything 'bad'), likely to force the animators shortest time yet wanting the highest quality as possible. I 'could' see the animators doing this to not to lose their job. It's not something that one can be proud of.

I have seen this China made cartoon on the chinese channel the other day. The animation was awful, the animators probally spent about 20 minutes learning flash and started making this. The script was awful too. At least they tried to make something on their own.

Slightly random. I'm chinese, my grandma lived through WWII, she had to flee to Hong kong. Yet, one day, in the afternoon my brother decided to watch the Kid's Channel. Onegai My Melody was on, then my grandma suddenly said 'Look at how good those Japanese-kids draw, they're always pretty unlike chinese made stuff' (lets not say I thought Onegai My Melody animation was awful). The thing is, not all chinese people have something against Japanese people. It's most likely my grandparent spent most of their life in Hong Kong, japanese products are very accessible there, not all chinese hate the japanese.

Talking about knock-off ipods, my aunt bought me one. There's tons of them at Hong kong, to be honest, some was better then the original ipod. There was 'ipod' shuffle 2G with a screen and fm radio (although the Sansa clip looks like a better option then that)! My 2nd generation fake-pod could play videos, yet the real one couldn't. So it was quite funny. The quality was awful, so I bought myself a Sony Walkman Mp4 (it's still made in china), I don't even like the original ipod.

Plagarism is nothing in China compared to poisionous baby milk powder, lead paint, dangerous work eniviroments and just everything that is not regulated. China just got bigger problems then plagarism.