View Single Post
Old 2006-07-22, 19:16   Link #65
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder
I'm not anti-popular at all. In fact my anti artsy fartsy mentality is very much in favor of mainstream hits. Which is why I can't appreciate 3 min steaks of watching ppl read books for their artistic value vs their mainstream (or lack thereof) appeal. Let's face it, a lot of ppl didn't like ep1. Heater ep had its moments, mainly toward the end, but overall it too was lacking. If BT activity is dropping for this series, then--as I brought up in this or another nearby thread--apparently this series will not in fact stand the test of time very well.
Just wondering, have you gone back and watched episode one again, after seeing the rest of the series? You might find your opinion of the episode change after becoming more familiar with the characters. It was really very well done, but if you aren't familiar with things, it's confusing. Whenever I recommend the series, I always explain just what the first episode is.

As for bt activity dropping, of course it did. It does with almost every series. 110k downloads of the first episode? That's almost in naruto/bleach territory. episode 14 still has 51k downloads, a huge number by any normal measure. I think many people downloaded it, then didn't get what they were expecting. Some probably thought episode one was what the show would be like, and were turned off, not realizing it was a "movie" made by the characters. More were probably turned off by the non-linear ordering. Besides, popularity isn't a good indicator of quality. People, in general, like straight foward, linear stories.

Also, if you didn't like the series that much, why'd you give it a 9?