View Single Post
Old 2011-03-20, 11:33   Link #14
DDshoeshowz

Send a message via AIM to DDshoeshowz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genten View Post
It depends.

If I'm watching the anime online, whether it be on a legal streaming site or otherwise, I like to take my time with the anime, especially seasonal series. Rushing through series, or marathoning them, is never something I like doing because I feel it takes away my enjoyment of the anime. Basically, if I'm constantly playing one episode after another than they eventually start to blend into each other and I have trouble remembering what happened. For long series, this is fine (although I haven't bothered with a series 26+ episodes in a long time) but for something that's much shorter I want to space out viewings so I can reflect on what I just watched.

However, if I'm viewing anime on a DVD or with friends then I like to marathon series. Mostly because DVDs come with packaged episodes, generally 3-7. So, since the episodes are all grouped together, I feel I have to watch them all in one sitting. Sometimes I don't, of course, but I remember when I rented the two disc sets of Ghost Hunt and marathoned all 13 episodes one night. A friend and I often get together for 'anime sampler' weekends as well, where we rent/watch the first two or three episodes of a bunch of different anime over three days. I suppose it's better to marathon a series with friends, where you feel obligated to finish it, where as watching it alone allows you to space out the viewings.

But I'm pretty lazy too, so I'm sure my long time to finish off series is due to that. I actually haven't finished the last two episodes of Panty & Stocking w/ Garterbelt; I need to do that.
That's exactly how I watch my anime too! I suppose my waiting time between the episodes are just longer than normal.

I also feel, too, if I marathon a series on my own, I tend to appreciate the singular episodes less than if I mull over them individually.