View Single Post
Old 2012-10-09, 00:55   Link #669
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Well I recall being uneasy about the game before it's release for some reason, and I had low expectations for the game after the HUGE disappointment that was RE5, but I must say this game proved me wrong which was nice.

The length is a huge improvement over RE5 which was my biggest complaint, there are more QTE moments than there were in RE5 which is nice, and the pace is pretty decent. About the only thing I have to complain about is the lack of cool death scenes, sure they stepped up the death scenes from Resident Evil 5 but it still doesn't compare to the variety of death scenes there were in Resident Evil 4.

Sure there are a lot of haters out there who want to cling onto the old style of Resident Evil and while I TOTALLY disagree with Capcom's logic that they should totally change it's style to get some of that COD style money, I see nothing wrong with Capcom evolving the franchise after a certain point and I think after 4 sequels and 3 spin offs of the old survival horror style they were allowed to get away with upgrading the series to the action style.

But I do admit co-op still did make it so the survival horror would be NON-existent, it had that old vibe when you played as Ada but that was mainly because YOU WERE ALONE, thus proving my point that if you're gonna make a survival horror game you HAVE to be solo with no AI or player controlled partner. Resident evil 4 was able to combine both action and survival horror QUITE well due to you playing solo. Action is great when you combine it with survival horror in my opinion.

Hence is why I'm VERY worried about Dead Space, while I'm aware that co-op is strictly only an option and you won't have a AI controlled partner, I'm a bit worried that EA will totally get rid of the survival horror element because of them adding the ability to go co-op and that It'll ONLY be action(During co-op). But we'll wait and see, I enjoyed Dead Space 2 for it's blend of survival horror and action and I'm hoping Dead Space 3 will give me the same enjoyment.

Overall I definitely enjoyed the game more than I thought, and if people would stop clinging to the past so much and embrace change at least a little more then I'm sure others will too. Besides it's not like in the future Capcom won't give us more our good old fashion survival horror style RE games in the future right??????
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote