Thread: Licensed Fractale (TV)
View Single Post
Old 2010-12-04, 03:05   Link #91
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
1. Over the past year or so, I've loved just about everything Kobayashi Yuu has done: Rio in Sora no Woto, Meiren in Vampire Bund, Matabei in Hyakka Ryouran, even the male lead in Okami Kakushi. But then again, I don't think it's a bad thing for a seiyuu to be recognizable (e.g., Sawashiro Miyuki). I think it's worse for a seiyuu to be so professional they just fade out and contribute nothing beyond the "right" voice for a character.

2. There is no way Yamakan is going to retire. His career is just getting started. I believe he contributed a lot to Haruhi, but he wasn't the actual director. He only did four episodes of Lucky Star. Kannagi was good but not great; it lost direction as it went on, for me. I think he has more in him. Hopefully this is that. To me, what Yamakan has is a flair for motion and music, and a smart sense of humor. He needs a good writer, and I think Okada Mari (true tears, Toradora, Zakuro) has a chance to provide that.

3. I think the character design looks great: full and expressive. I do worry, however, that it's so detailed that it will be hard to keep the standard up through a whole series.
The male lead in Okami Kakushi is Jun'ichi Koizumi.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote