Thread: Licensed Shingeki no Bahamut
View Single Post
Old 2014-11-04, 18:49   Link #381
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post

Also I'm wondering why Azazel remembered the names of the duo's fathers, it's not like an Azazel-type character to remember the names of random humans. There seems to be a lot more behind that incident as it seems....
Well we know he set them up, but as you say, it still is interesting that he still remembers the names of two humans. I mean, this guy must be plenty old, plus he probably has lots to do as Satan's second in command and even more since the prince of darkness seems to be sleeping right now. So, I wonder what it is about Kaisar and Favaro's families that caught his attention?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Given how little we know about the bracelets, we really have no choice but to take what Favaro and Bacchus have said about it at face value. Maybe they're really rare and so it's on the bounty hunter to take care of and make sure they don't lose their's, or something. Or, equally possible given it's Bacchus we're talking about, replacing it is simply far more than Favaro can afford.
The bracelets seem to be magic based, so perhaps they never really get broken except deliberately? Also, from what I've heard, Baccus and Hansa are the gods in charge of bounties and bounty hunters, so maybe it's a one time contract with them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
To be honest, getting a tail isn't the end of the world, especially if you can hide it. Sure, it will come out at the worst times but hey...

And I think that having the bracelet works as a sort of pardon. Remember how badly that one Knight treated Kaiser and even how repulsed Kaiser is to having one? It's as if they give certain criminals the chance to become a bounty hunter in exchange for leniency. Favaro is the son of a well-known thief - it wouldn't surprise me if they locked him up because of that. Then again, this isn't One Piece... But it seems that while bounty hunters can become popular with the common folk, organized institutions such as Knights and noble houses look down upon them just like criminals almost. Which is weird since they apparently work for a divine being of some sort. Luckily, Bacchus seems to hold no allegiance to the Gods or Devils alike.

Edit: Speaking of... the Angel Michael in this show is a guy???
I knew Michael was pretty androgynous-looking and sounding but... no, I shouldn't be surprised any more. I really shouldn't.
Well, actually Bacchus has said he's a god since the beginning so that kind of puts him in that camp automatically. However, he seems to work more closely with humanity than the other gods. It's said in some game info that he's the god in charge of bounties and bounty hunters along with his usual mythological stuff, so if those bracelets are like a contract with him and are used to keep track of them and come to their location, as well as for the hunters to capture bounties and deliver it to him, then breaking them is probably a big deal.

I'm thinking your idea of them being a sort of pardon is basically true as well. It's like the one legitimate job available to ex-outlaws or something. Especially since when Favaro broke his, and Bacchus basically said that it made him an outlaw again.

And yes, Michael is male. A good way to tell is that all the female ones have pretty obvious busts. However, Michael and the obviously male archer angel in the beginning of this episode have completely covered, flat chests. Also, Michael shown in any anime is very rarely shown as female, so any time he's featured, it's always a good bet that he's going to be male.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Anyway, chances of Amira's father being some sort of high-ranking devil who sealed his 'devilness' into Amira and who is using the pendant to keep track/tabs of her? It only makes sense that he's using the pendant to track her since he only appears near to where she is. In the whole world, of all the places he could have gone to, he follows a near exact path to the town where she first appeared up until they hitch a ride with Bacchus up to the port city. Coincidence? There are no coincidences.
I'm actually thinking thing that Sir Lavalley is her father, but he's exactly the knight he seems. He seemed completely surprised to see her wear a pendant that was exactly like the one he wears back in episode 2. And once he saw it, he immediately told his men not to hurt her.

As a Orleans knight, Lavalley has to use holy magic, which demons cannot, so I highly doubt he's any kind of demon in disguise. However, he IS keeping his suspicions and thoughts on Amira a secret from Jeanne and the other knights. He clearly can use his pendant to connect with Amira's pendant and can trace her that way. That's why he knew she was with Azazel and where Azazel was headed, as well as knowing that she safely escaped at the end.

Amira doesn't know anything about fathers in general, much less her own, so she has probably never met hers. She seems to only remember her mother from infancy. So, who raised her? I'm thinking whoever this sensei is that she talked about episodes ago. He's probably the one that not only told her to steal these keys, but also is probably responsible for the demonic guardian that protects her, and the guardian is probably where her powers manifest from.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote