View Single Post
Old 2011-07-06, 16:14   Link #71
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
The upcoming Bunny Drop also seems like a more traditional show for the block. Although I didn't watch it same with Wandering Son and I think Kuragehime also fits.
Well, they certainly hadn't abandoned the original target, and this season does show that they are trying to get back to form with these two shows. The problem is that they still compromised the original goal of the block and injected it with the ideas that they were trying to distance themselves from, and that a lot of the time the programs feel like they are only paying lip service to the old!noitaminA.

Not that it matters I guess, since they shown that we can still have some quality programs there every once in a while.
Quote:
And if you think about it C is also (at least somewhat) a traditional show for the block since it was directed by Kenji Nakamura who also directed Mononoke. Mononoke of course will always be a favorite.

Of course when I say traditional I don't necessarily think all these shows are up to the standards of some of the first shows on NoitaminA just that they might be written to appeal to the same audience.
[C] ... is debatable. The premise certainly sounds like something that would be aimed towards the older audience of the block, but the execution (yeah lets call it that) was more ... um, not aimed at anyone really? I mean it was sort of Yu-Gi-Oh meets Wall street with Death Note and Pokemon and other stuff thrown in there for the heck of it?

I mean it was awesome, but I don't think the Mononoke crowed would like it much, since it looks liked it suffered from a lot of internal set backs.
Quote:
As for Guilty Crown or the other upcoming October show, I am not sure what I feel about them yet.
I think that they are going to be at least fun, with a good chance of also being decent storywise, at least Un-GO. Guilty Crown I think it going to be just fun to watch atm from what I seen so far.