Thread: Crunchyroll GJ-bu
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-16, 10:37   Link #190
Snuffle
likes cute things

What the heck was with this episode? I watched it 4 times already! There's something about Kyoro's sister that really has me hooked on her, there's just something so cute about her design.
Kirara's sister sounded so strange speaking english... I'm just going to hope that's because the seiyuu is not good at speaking the language rather than her voice sounding like she has a stuffy nose...

Next episode it looks like we FINALLY get to see Kyoro brushing Megumi's hair! I was so disappointed when we didn't get to see it in the same episode where Kyoro brushed Shion's hair... Plus we'll get to see Megumi's hair being down completely rather than braided! YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I've just done a characters/seiyuus page for this show and was surprised to learn that half the cast is under 17. Talk about a youth movement in anime. Not just Kido Ibuki (now 15, Akiko in OniAi) as Kyouro's imouto, but also Morohoshi Sumire (13, the star of Aikatsu) as Mao's imouto.

Kirara's seiyuu Arakawa Chika is also just 13. Her little sister is played by Aoi Wakana, 14. Both of them are child actresses on TV and in movies. Megu's seiyuu Miyamoto Yume is all of 16.

We also get to hear Uesaka Sumire (21, Dekomori in Chuu2Byou) as Tama. Mimori Suzuko (26, Sherlock in Milky Holmes) does a nice job with Shion. Of course, Uchida Maaya (23, Rikka in Chuu2byou) plays Mao. She is very effective sometimes, but sometimes seems to me a bit out of control.

Actually, a voice that has struck me as much as any is that of Tsunematsu Ayumi, 29, who plays the maid Mori-san.
That's really amazing, the seiyuu list for this show has so many young members. Kido Ibuki doesn't seem like she's really challenged here, since Akiko had a lot more energy (and speed) in her voice. I'm really surprised that Kirara's seiyuu is only 13! It's interesting she can make her voice go into the deep tone at that age. Morohoshi Sumire is doing an amazing job with Mao's and Megumi's little sister, I'm interested in hearing how well she can express those high energy notes if her character ever gets the chance to do something like that.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote