Thread: Licensed Nana
View Single Post
Old 2006-04-10, 00:13   Link #66
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Contains spoilers for the 1st episode!

Okay, you guys ready for some Lilith babble?

First, some fangirling: OMGGGG!!111!!!1 Nana Anime?!?!11???? wah wah wah ^o^ *ahems* I am so happy about the anime.

The animation is great. It follows 85% Yazawa's style. The chibi (SD) style is funny too, smiliar to Yazawa style (they even kept the sweatdrop's place: middle). The coloring is amazing, I loved Oosaka's make-up, hehe.

The music is awesome. The BGM was fitting, the soft music when they're serious and the noisy one when they're joking around. I loved both the OP and how the ED how it soothly enters. Please inform me, they're by the same people who did the songs in the Movie?

The story is going great so far. It's faithful to the manga, which is fantastic. They even wear the same dress and have the same hairstyle in the manga. I'm glad that they kept the memorable scenes (e.g. the bank road, Komatsu's and Oosaka's handshake).

Overall I'd give it 8/10. Why 8? Because Nana manga is so good that nothing would do justice for it LOL. Also, Oosaka's VA is IMO not suitable. I did get used to it, but I think they could've chose better.

It's a well-done anime-manga adaption and I wouldn't be surprised if it get licesend soon. For me, this is the best adaption next to Honey & Clover. Now those are what I call good (drama) anime!

Thanks for reading. XD;;
Lilith is offline   Reply With Quote