Thread: Licensed Jormungand
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-09, 23:12   Link #959
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I expect that it's going to be a close fight. On one hand, we have Koko's team, with the breakdown as follows:
  • Two ex-Delta (Lehm & Wiley)
  • One ex-FRDF (Valmet)
  • One ex-SWAT sniper (Lutz)
  • One ex-JGSDF (Tojo)
  • One ex-mafia driver (Ugo)
  • One ex-artilleryman (Mao)
  • One ex-Child Soldier (Jonah)

That gives us a total of 8 people on team Koko, with at least 3 being the confirmed equal of the SEALs.

On the other hand, Night Nine (Alpha Platoon, SEAL Team 9) consists of between 14-18 hardened SEALs who've been seeing action in Afghanistan. I'd daresay that they've got just as much training time and combat time as Koko's team - plus, unlike before when Koko's team are curbstomping lesser forces, or outmanuvering peer units (well, whether SR could be considered their peers in terms of ability is debatable), this is the first time they're going up against a team that not only outnumbers them, but has been briefed on their playbook, has seen recent action, and is a team that is very much their equal.

It will be extremely interesting to see how this matchup happens.

I expect Koko's forces to win - the show is following the Showy Invincible Hero trope - but I also expect Night Nine to make them work for their win.
But aren't paramilitary soldiers from the CIA also special forces as well? I hear that the CIA specifically recruits it's paramilitary from the SEALS, and Koko's team just wiped them out a number of weeks ago.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote