View Single Post
Old 2012-06-30, 18:51   Link #895
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I think people are blowing things way of proportion in regards to the ending episodes.

I haven't read the manga nor do I intend to, but seriously this wasn't ever going to be a 1-1 adaption of the manga and it couldn't realistically pack in everything people wanted it to.

If we look at the anime just by itself, there's honestly not that much of an issue.

Yes the time skip after the confession in episode 10 was a little jarring, but honestly what did we really miss? Was there some sort of plot line that was glossed over of much importance? Was there an emotional disconnection between the two parts, even knowing that the romance was hardly the main issue in the closing episodes? I honestly felt no problems otherwise, and it only made me stop for a moment before I got on and enjoyed the rest of it.

I felt the friendship of the main two characters was conveyed excellently, and the emotions in the last episodes were very real. Perhaps I find friendship more touching than others, but I really enjoy this sort of exploration we went through in this show.

I really felt this show was an easy and VERY enjoyable watch. I think what Watanabe set out to accomplish in his main priorities were masterfully done, and with that I didn't really feel I had to watch anymore at the end of the show. What more could I really say? I'd give this a 9/10.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote