View Single Post
Old 2012-10-13, 14:51   Link #69
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
No, it wasn't. And the thing is that it seems to extend to the fictional fujoshi as much as the real ones. I remember the reactions that Nakuru from Mayo Chiki! kept getting up until the very last episode, while I was one of the few who liked her from the beginning, for a clear reason - she's also a secondary content creator. Sure, her content is BL, but she's an artist who expresses herself, and while that might not mean much in the days of the internet when everyone has a pixiv account, she also publishes and distributes and is passionate about her art. That's how I feel about the real ones, too.

I may not read anything they write, but I am damn sure going to defend their right to keep making it. Expressing your fandom and your tastes through something you create yourself is a great thing, and a good way to find out something about how a person thinks. (This last part isn't always pleasant, but I've been in the interests of being open minded.) And that all goes back to my opening statements - rather than dismissing fangirls, learning a thing or two from them might not be such a bad idea. You can still do serious analysis and write a fanfic about two girls who you think should be doing each other and not have one cancel out the other. People are multidimensional, and so are fandoms.
My point is, and I'm not sure if you got it, is that you can't force people to want to reach out to something they are not interested in it. There's nothing wrong with not being interested in another medium or genre. There's no problem with people of different taste respecting each other, while staying off their grass.

If I show no interest in Country Music, but don't do anything to bash it in front of someone who likes it, then it's only courtious they do the same to music I like. You can't go "OH! OH! You're so narorw minded for not liking Country muisc, how dare you you bigot! HERE! LISTEN! LIKE IT!".

Does that make sense?
There's nothing I said that goes against expressing your taste or art.
I'm talking about, if you want to express your thingy, don't diss other people's thingy. Capiche?

Last edited by aohige; 2012-10-13 at 15:08.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote