View Single Post
Old 2014-01-22, 11:53   Link #9619
BadtheGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Thats NOT how the contact-GD works. Tomitsuka is not hiding his location in the Idea, so ES would do absolutely nothing.

Tomitsuka is basically guarding his information and keeping it from being overwritten by magic. Magic sequences can't get past the "wall" that his condition creates to cause direct harm. Its in no way similar to Parade which creates fake bodies while hiding the real one.

Frankly, the armor is only super useful against someone who doesn't know the trick to it or has a limited amount of ways to attack like Tat's, which is what irritated a lot of people. Magic that uses an indirect effect to attack(like the shockwave example) or magic that changes the environment(like creating a vacuum) would circumvent it easily.
CTGD certainly acts as a shield that protects him from alteration. It is pretty obvious that it does defend against incoming magic like you said. I just meant that the reason Tatsuya was having trouble was similar to the issue with parade on top of it.

I was comparing it to how Parade acts as a shield by disguising the true location of the target /information. I was lead to believe that similarity when they started talking about how Tatsuya views CTGD as a cloud covering the personal information. Though looking back that may just be my misunderstanding.

If that is so, you can defend against Tatsuya by either obscuring that information or blocking it with enough psions.

In which case Tatsuya's weakness is shields in general(Parade/CTGD/Phalanx.) and not just the concealment aspect. You'd think he could directly target someone within the various forms of shields but I guess he can't without going through them or circumventing the effects first.

So that line with holding on to the handicap seems weird to me in this case. It makes it sound like he's holding back when it really just seems he's disadvantaged.(Ignoring Far strike since he could have used it from the start)