View Single Post
Old 2010-06-11, 21:43   Link #932
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Not being greedy, it's just that based on the fact that I've seen Yates play for three years and he hasn't improved enough to be a major asset. In fact, Yates took a step back last year. Statistically, he played worst last year than he did his freshman year.

Renner is a redshirt freshman, so technically he's is a sophomore. I would still be worried about the experience factor in a place as intense as the Georgia Dome, but I honestly feel Yates wouldn't be much better. UNC hasn't been in this big a game in over a decade.

In any case, it's the QB position holding UNC back. There is talent in every other offensive position. Davis has more talented defensive players coming in as freshman and almost every projected 2011 NFL Draft has at least one UNC defensive player listed as a pick in the top three rounds. If the offense can put up 20 a game, then UNC is in for a good year.

Davis is aware of all the talent that will be graduating after this year, so I think that he'll pull the trigger on a change if the season starts terribly.

Edit: I basically agree with this guy.

Last edited by Dilla; 2010-06-11 at 22:17.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote