View Single Post
Old 2012-01-23, 15:35   Link #31836
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Those are indeed some sexy sweaters, skillfully drawn in a very nice style.

Though they do remind me about that Cracked Article I read recently, about how clothing designers force women to wear thinner, more exposing garments that must be layered with more garments for decency and warmth, the overall flimsiness of which forces them to constantly buy new clothes to replace the worn out older ones.

And apparently there's no "normal" size. There's skin-tight or baggy.

I appreciate sexiness as much as the next man, but the idea that women are denied the choice of practical clothing burns me.

Just look at Uno! That sweater can't keep her warm, which defeats the point of wearing a sweater!

The style Nanoha is drawn in, particularly the face and especially the eyes, is very different and thus somewhat off-putting. As always, the picture would be sexier if I could read the text.

And I wonder what the red circle and text on Seikou is pointing out?
I haven't yet read that article, but I know the one you are referring to and agree with your view here.

I did find the style a bit strange myself, especially in another NSWF that the artist did between Nanoha and Yuuno. From what I can gather of the text, Nanoha is talking dirty to Yuuno and there is mention of a shower.

As for the Stern pic's text by the red circle, I think the artist is pointing out the hair being fluffy and like a mothers'?. But S/he likes it a lot.