View Single Post
Old 2013-09-13, 21:18   Link #2884
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
I will say this. The bow has been clearly more powerful. Demon, ships, sword, dragons anything, the bow has dealt more damage than the dragonic weapons. Even if you don't buy the bow drawing power from other weapon stuff, it's still a characteristic that the bow has and the others don't.
Demon - well, I've already mentioned the possibility of weaknesses that have less to do with power and more about type. Also, you'll note the demons are still alive and fine. So....eeeehhhhhh to the damage.
Ships - what ship did he shoot?
Swords -what swords did he shoot? And why is he shooting them?
Dragons - What dragons? The first dragon in volume 1, was killed by Ellen alone. The second dragon in volume 1 was killed by the bow + the viralt. The bow has yet to have been used to kill a single dragon by itself. In volume 4, the five dragons were killed by Ellen and Mira.

Quote:
"Dragonic weapon" is actually a misleading title. According to Ludimira, her weapon is actually designed to combat demons not just dragons. It was stated as much in volume 4 or 5 when Tigre and Ludimira teamed up in Ella's absence.
It's possible Ludmira is jumped to conclusions.

Quote:
“My predecessor once said that Lavias is called the Hajya no Senkaku[Spear of Evil Death]. It is a weapon to kill [Demons], and one stands before me now.”

“Is that so. Give it a try.”

A smile of ridicule floated to Vodyanoy's face, as if to provoke Ludmira.
Ludmira is extrapolating that "with a name like Evil Death"+"Demons must be evil" = "therefore Lavias must also be a demon-killer."

It seems more telling that Vodyanoy smiles at her speech, so he most likely knows she's wrong.

Quote:
Besidses, in volume 6, both Ella and Ludimira's weapon had a titanic struggle with the dragons. It's not like the weapon itself is a dragon slayer. By comparison, Tigre one-shot the dragon in volume 1.
1) I see you've forgotten that Ella's and Mira's dragons were wearing ANTI-magic collars.

2) No one said the weapons were dragon-slayers. Just that they are draconic tools. That could mean anything, including: "made from dragons" or "similar powers to dragons"

3) Like I said, Tigre didn't one-shot anything BY HIMSELF. He borrowed power from Ellen. And the dragon wasn't wearing a fancy anti-magic collar.

I don't know if by itself the bow is more or less powerful than a viralt. But these statements are just wrong.

Last edited by Rasen; 2013-09-13 at 22:03.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote