Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Overlord Season 2
View Single Post
Old 2018-04-04, 11:49   Link #465
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
He wanted to find other Yggdrassil players, specifically his clan members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
^^Cause Ainz knows too little about the world, and there maybe some forces out there that can threaten Nazarick. So it's obvious that they gather more info, and in the process, drag the human kingdoms into their mess. Or it's just simply that Ainz is curious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
Until they're discovered by Players or invaded or over-run or whatever. Momonga's specialty in the Guild was information and intelligence about competitors and specifics about the game world of Yggdrasil and he's actively investigating the dangerous new world he's been dropped into in the same way for the same reasons, survival only it isn't a game any more.

It's one of the things that makes this series interesting for me, the idea that the main character is not human and moreover doesn't regard humanity as anything special or that he must treat humanity with particular care or respect. As for "guilty" versus "innocent" well...
And that's why innocent people that meant no harm in this new world got dragged into all this. At the end of the day, it all goes back to Momonga/Ainz' decision to explore the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
I do wonder had the NPCs been real life people, would Ainz have done the same ??
There are a number of variables to consider and I won't bother to think about it.