View Single Post
Old 2006-09-26, 05:32   Link #7
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Here's my take on it...

Animation Quality: 8.5
It was basically quite well done...No obvious stuttering in the movements of characters or change of scenery, and the quality was there, but it felt as though there was something missing....Some more high-profile graphics, perhaps?
Voice Actors: 9
They did a good job, as a whole, utilising their voices to best portrait each of the characters they were playing. Hiroki's somewhat gruff voice for Harima the former delinquent, Mamiko's soft voice for an equally gentle Yakumo and Horie's sassy voice for a tsundere Eri. Werem't many discrepancies as far as I can see...or hear.
Script: 8
While I would have wanted to see a more seriousness in season 2, especially regarding Harima and his relationships, they played it out quite well, despite having a little more fillers than some people could endure. The ever so famous parodies are back in the season, somehow spicing it up for the above average script IMO, probably due to the fact that nothing much has changed-Harima still chasing after Tenma and not much of a resolution from the last episode.
Adaptation from Novels: 8
They followed it quite closely, though I would have preferred them to deviate a little more away from the manga, or simply made it such that it would somehow accomodate a few more chapters.
Editing: 8
Nothing much I can say on this one. I was pretty satisfied until the last episode. It seemed slightly rushed, and the switching of scenes in the previous episode to accomodate the scenario with Yakumo and the ghost was a little confusing, but other than that, it was all fine.

Overall: 8.9....It falls a little short of my expectations for a what I would deem as a fabulous anime, but it's still very good, especially since I regard comedy as the central theme. I would love to see a little more seriousness and emphasis on relationships in San Gakki, though, if there happens to be one, which I think it's highly probable, what with the ending in Ni Gakki.