View Single Post
Old 2009-09-06, 14:59   Link #10
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
There was a harem anime where that happened...
He ended up getting stabbed to death...
It may of happened in that animes, but there are a couple of animes where the couples just do not make that much sense but they stay together anyway. I mean, sure, if the girl loves you, she loves you. But if she assaults you for having impure or distracting thoughts, that relationship is NOT going to work.

That would be a fun anime in fact. A happily-ever-after harem relationship that ends after 6 months after very unflattering sex or the male realizing "This bitch is crazy..." In fact, the only time I think we have ever seen a couple evolve past that first kiss was Tomoya and Nagisa from Clannad.

I think the whole "pathetic" and "kind-hearted" aspect of most of the ecchi leads today are to just cater to the otaku who don't socialize. They are to act as a surrogate. (Though I have no idea WHY you would want to think any of those characters are you) I mean, if you look at ANY ecchi series, you will notice that all of the advertisement focuses on the girls or all the boobs or the strange pieces of merchandise that's made. If an ecchi series does not focus on any appeal that male might give, the male lead is probably gonna be unlikeable.
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote