View Single Post
Old 2010-09-03, 13:50   Link #839
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duraccano View Post
Anyone here play ys 7 and VC2 yet?
...i need an opinion on which is better... because sadly i can only afford one (at the moment)

please and thank you's
Whichever genre you like more, natch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Ys 7, VC2 is completely a waste of time, if you like the first one, for a lot of reasons. Hope that VC3 will bring the series back to an older audience, this academy thing feels like the series has been dumbed down for a kindergarden audience, really disappointed.
Have you even played it? Doesn't sound like it. While some tired tropes of school life are brought out, the school is treated more like, you know, a Military Academy than a high school. And since the school is expected to be on active duty due to the main army going all explode-y two years ago...

Then there's the gameplay improvements, though some changes are debatable, I like the changes; made it more about tactics instead of a perfect shot when going for good rankings. And I'm mostly into this series because the gameplay is so addictive.

So yeah; I'm thinking you haven't actually played it. Even if you have, you are ignoring the main reason I wanted to play it, and have been doing little else this week.