View Single Post
Old 2011-08-15, 18:35   Link #23770
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErenselTheJester View Post
Umm... okay, so... what did we figure out? Because I'm pretty sure that Ryukishi being arrogant, insecure, or whatever doesn't get us anywhere.

On another note, if Bernkastel is supposed to represent us in some way then what does Lambda represent? I always assumed that Lambda was supposed to be Ryukishi because its his job to act as a "buddy" throughout the story.
I prefer to see Lambda and Bern as a representation of what Beato and Battler are fighting about. Lambda is in charge of the fantasy theories and Bern is governing the rational theories. This is also kinda mirrored by their position in the plot.
Lambda gave Beato her powers, she made her a witch. At the end of EP3 she even threatens her that she would take away all her powers if Beato wasn't ready to fight a real battle and in EP4 she wanted Ange to join her as well as it would have meant that she could be with the illusion of her brother forever.
Bern became the companion for Battler as long as he pursued the goal of crushing the fantasy side...she even said again and again that she would stop doing that if the person she joined forces with didn't give their everything.
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote