View Single Post
Old 2010-07-09, 16:08   Link #204
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Technically its still well on topic, since threads on this forum are encouraged to be less lists and more discussion. And this is all about "What do you hate about anime?" even if K-on seems to be the main topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
While I'm not hesitant to say I don't generally find anime aimed at the otaku market appealing, I don't recall using the term "moe loving maniacs". Please, let's avoid the kind of accusatory "discussion" that occurred in the last pages.
Bellow you use quotes and add words I never used (like "loser") so obviously I don't have to explain it to you, right. Just like you when I quote people I use the [quote] tags, anything else is inference or me highlighting it as a special word to be taken in context or given importance.
Quote:
Again, this disagreement seems to be primarily due to the fact that you think I'm using otaku as a synonym for "NEET/hikkikomori loser", while I'm using it to describe a subculture in general.
As I tried to explain in my previous post(s): I don't see what "cause" => "effect" relationship you have there, regardless of which of those you use.

Quote:
There was a poster here a while ago named kj1980 who was certainly not a jobless hikkikkomori, but was a self-described member of the otaku subculture and went into quite a bit of detail about it as well as the different target markets of anime altogether. The division of anime viewers in Japan is somewhat different from English communities like Animesuki.

I'm not sure how to address your concept of "extreme" and "normal" as I don't think it has much relevance to either my original post or the topic as a whole.
Dunno what you're trying to tell me with this. You have some strange idea about me. I answer questions in posts out of courtesy. Since you took the time to ask it, I answer it (even when it is off-topic), otherwise you might think I'm not reading your post or tacking considering your opinion. That doesn't mean I necessarily care for it as far as the discussion goes. Right now the only think I care in the entire thread is what this relation between some mysterious poll has to do with K-on, moe and how K-on is labeled as some extreme anime fan niche culture because of it; nothing more. I know what you mean about there being far more levels to anime fans in japan. Don't really understand how you're reading what I'm saying before under the assumption I didn't treat it as that in my posts.