View Single Post
Old 2013-04-08, 11:52   Link #10218
leon4281isback

Send a message via MSN to leon4281isback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Japan has many cultural aspects that differ from most western cultures, that is true...however it isn't another planet with an alien race, things aren't THAT different, especially in the world we live in now where west and east are getting more and more closer to eachother culturally.

Not only that but, again taking my mother as an example, it happened over twenty years ago, back then being a YOUNG SINGLE MOTHER was heavily frown upon by most of the population (especially in my country) and taking care of me WHILE having a career wasn't a walk in the park either...the stress was visually immense at times. Yet even after this she still raised me properly and had a career, so like I said before, it's all about motivation, willpower and having a good head on your shoulders. If you have these then culture and other people's opinions should not be as big a problem on your way up as people make it out to be.
Yeah I could say that it's quite the same with my mother. So I understand and get what you're saying. This is a moment of two persons being doing something very stupid in their youth, and have to deal with suddenly going from lovers to parents in such a very short time in their relationship. But it doesn't mean your life is over, you just have to find a way and still live a good life under these trials. Despite all that, they are willing to keep going with this sudden news, both Takashi and Kiyomi, which still deserves some cred. When it gets down to it, even if the story is just plain old awkward with the way the author tells the story, it's a story that explores each character as they go through life and how they handle it as they grow as adults. Just like how shows for kids just has stuff to explore what its like to be a kid and just progress how a kid handles him or herself as he or she also grows up and deal with various things.

There are plenty of good examples of shows where they just have a unique way of telling a story about what a person goes through as they grow up. What a boy goes through, what a girl goes through, etc. Each have a different scenario that someone faces and what they do in their situations.

Anyway I'm going off the tangent. As ridiculous this manga can be in my view, it still tries to get a point out with these characters in this story.