View Single Post
Old 2008-01-29, 15:53   Link #113
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
I agree with your two points here.

Although, I don't consider Nanoha/Fate a yuri couple. I tend to think they're just very close friends. I don't find it entirely unlikely that close friends of the same sex who aren't in a relationship would sleep in the same bed. I think those scenes were a perfect opportunity to clear up any ambiguity subtlety, such as Nanoha and Fate simply sleeping a bit closer together. I've slept in the same bed as another guy before; doesn't make me gay (and I'm not). Just means there weren't enough beds in the place at the time.
Well, you certainly could be right about Fate and Nanoha. I'm not passionate on the issue.

I was never a big fan of Nanoha/Yuuno, though.

Quote:
Aside from that, I do think the relationship development between the two was very nice, and showed how much progress Fate had made since the end of A's (A's epilogue doesn't really show you anything in that sense).
Agreed. I loved how mature and in control Fate came across through out the anime. I also love how warm and motherly she frequently came across, particularly given her background in the very first Nanoha series.

Quote:

As for your second point...

NO. KIDDING.

That really irked me how Suzuka/Arisa and Nanoha's family were completely removed from this series. Not a mention at all. I would've thought at least one episode would be devoted to a trip "back home." In the first episode, I thought it was a little bit of foreshadowing when Subaru mentioned that despite her family being descendant of people from Earth, her father and sister had never been there. I figured that was good for a trip to Earth at some point in the series. Guess all I got were those Cherry Blossoms at the end! Really didn't seem right to totally cut out Nanoha's family and the school friends.
Agreed. I honestly felt bad for Nanoha's family and Arisa, and Suzuka. I loved those characters a lot in the first two series, and really did miss them in Striker S.