Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll To Love-ru -Trouble- Darkness [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-02, 14:40   Link #23
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I just hope Xebec puts more effort and budget into this if possible. The first season didn't look very good, while the second did probably because it was half as long. OVA series may be beneficial.

I'm really happy with the direction this franchise is taken though. What started as a fairly mediocre series contrived to get females (and sometimes males turned into females naked) is still that but it survived some of the most brutal of personal problems that killed the first series. But in the face of that and encroaching censorship laws and that, Darkness arose from its ashes bigger, better, and sexier with a somewhat workable plot to boot. It seemed to be giving off the middle finger to all the adversity it faced and came off stronger. Now that's as about as inspiring as you can get from an ecchi series.

With excellent character designs and actually some interesting backstories, while putting what is probably the most alluring character at the front this can easily be a top tier ecchi series. Well, the manga is, just straddling that line between ecchi and hentai.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote