Old 2008-01-20, 17:14   Link #136
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
It never got upgraded. It got retconned. If you watch from the beginning, in the flashback, the WZ was the angel one, rather than the badass jet transformer.
I so think the series version of Zero was cooler than the EW Zero. Sure, the wings added a kind of majestic graceful look to it, but it lost that feeling of being a giant flying mass murder machine. Heavyarms' EW body certainly had that look though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuattroBajeena View Post
I will admit, Wing plays the polotics card but good, It's the series' saving grace, and I actually see 00 as a Wing done right proper. Specialized suits working as the team they were supposed to be in. My biggest issue with Wing ARE the tech specs of the Gundams, and as stated in Wing, they only win because all the other suits in the beginning are a decade behind.

Wing-3 shot buster cannon. Ugh. 3. shots. only.

Deathschythe- I hate this Gundam. It's so bloody impractical it drives me nuts. I'm amazed it lasted as long as it did.

Altron/Nataku- I REALLY hate this Gundam. Worst design in history for me DRAGON ARMS=stupid.

Heavyarms- Actually makes sense, yeah it runs out of ammo fast, but it serves it's purpose. Essentially a more mobile Guntank.

Sandrock- Also makes sense. Armed for mid-short range combat, nothing special, but it gets the job done.

Wing Zero- It can blow up a colony, drive its pilot mad, dumb.

Tallgeese1-3- Another well rounded suit, makes sense to me.

Epyon- Retarted, special system, yadda yadda, whip only is dumb.

Serpent- The main opposing suit in EW, my personal favorit mobile suit. Well designed, capable of multiple types of combat, and sense in the movie they said they didn't kill people, the cockpit is obviously well protected.
I will admit that the political aspect of Wing was really well done, but Treize's strategy to rise to power was just plain confusing. After seeing the series multiple times over, I still never really got a grasp over how unbelieveably complicated it is..

As for the suits... I like all of them, though I think Deathscythe and Epyon are incredibly overrated. Of all of them, I've always been a Tallgeese fan. Don't know why, but even while it wasn't as strong as the Gundams, it still kicked a whole lot of ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
Never understood why they didnt make an 1/100 MG Epyon.
I don't think the Epyon is that good of a suit. I know just about everyone loves it, but it never really came off as that special to me. You never know, though. They might just make one eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
*shrugs*

Never really understood why Gundam Wing got so much hate either. As for me, well, who knows. I could probably come up with some nice long paragraphs if I sat down to think about it, but at the end of the day, I just like it. Not to the point of proclaiming it as best anime ever, but something that I thoroughly enjoyed and wouldn't mind rewatching.

I'm probably one of the few people who have Trowa Barton as their favourite character though... Oh to have a MG model kit of the Endless Waltz Heavyarms Gundam...
Wing is a decent series, but I suppose some people may not like it because it's story isn't as compelling as other Gundam series'.

Unfortunately, outside of the Wing Gundam Kai, there aren't any Wing Master Grades. I wouldn't mind a trio of Tallgeese, myself. It'd make for a cool display. Of course, there is the 1/100 Heavyarms from the basic EW kits, but that's obviously nowhere near as good as a MG.

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote