View Single Post
Old 2011-08-10, 08:34   Link #12685
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
By forced apearance I meant all apearances that feel out of place.
Apearances that does not change story, that does not add anything new, only maybe expand Misaka's character.
It just feels odd, she is there getting all that foreshadowing with "her" Touma, which leads to her journey to Russia, where she is useless and now it will all be brushed aside by their meeting.
I just can't help it, it feels odd.
For god sake I've been through this like maybe a hundred million times, what would it take for you people to acknowledged that stopping a nuclear disaster is actually a PRETTY BIG DEAL?!

And by forced appearance you mean every little scene that involves her, cause god knows you'll never admit that she does anything meaningful.

And while we're at it, everybody else that's unrelated to Aleister's plan didn't do anything meaningful.

The whole Amakusa is pointless since they never contribute at all!

Quote:
About how her apearance in Index changes railgun:
Everytime she apears in Index, her apearance in railgun gets restricted.

Take for example the sister arc which was retelling of existing story and latter till NT2 we know that nothing happened to her,
she did not have any further significant character changes (not counting her tsun tsun towards Touma),
we know where she was most of the time,
she wasn't fighting anything bigger than some midbosses maybe or nothing that had any bigger impact on Toaru world.
It takes away the thrill from "what could happen next".
That's why... It's call... A SIDE STORY, and not... A Completely NEW series....

If he wanted a brand new story he would have used a brand new character. But even then it's still considered a side stOry because it's in the same world. And I call BS on your thrill excuse; even when we knew nothing wOuld happen to the characters, the situation was still tense. There are other things than the threat of death to use to build tension.

Quote:
That line I was talking about:
That line SHOULD be there, because it is a DIFFERENT story in the first place, it even has a different name.
What's the point in making another story with a different main character if the only intention is to expand the main story, he could have easily done this by making more SS stories.
It IS a side story.

Every single synopsis to Railgun starts by calling it a side story.

As long as it's the same world with familiar characters, it's always a side story, especially when it's running parallel to the original.

Quote:
My entire point:
I am not hating her fanbase, nor her as a character, I just want Kamachi to already decide where she should be.
I don't want him to be sitting on two chairs, because it only damages both Index and Railgun,
by either making her just into some useless plot-element for Touma in Index,
or retelling already said stories in Railgun.

...And there you have it kuroishinigami- their reasoning.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-08-10 at 08:50.