View Single Post
Old 2011-01-24, 18:35   Link #11
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
It's all in the desire for a more customizable IS man, an MPIS significantly lowers the creativity involved with fan creation.

And, if these characters aren't even canon, why worry about such things as 3 personal IS being at the academy anyways?

I tried my best to balance out Osirus, heavily diluting melee and mobility for firepower. I already know of the Dragonball rule -and, being a frequent rp'er- so I try to keep things fair.

Elaborate on the meaning of retcon, please.
You see, in the other 3/4 OC threads I've been, we all accomodated canon in some way, and I felt that MPIS can still be creative, just that you have to be really creative in the creativity, which to me is a neat challenge.

Retcon in this situation means saying "my OC is USA's representative" and canon one day introduces the actual US rep, rendering your OC moot.

But if we're going by a modified AU based on canon, I needn't have worried. It'd be more like those BROBs on spacebattles I've been getting into lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Maybe I'm mistaken but my subs said there were only personal IS in Classes 1, which is Ichika's class and class 4. Rin then came in saying Class two now also has a Personal IS. Also that's only the first year students not counting the second or third year ones.
Hmm... Good point. So if you want to have a personal IS, you can't be directly involved with the canon cast, because you won't be in the same year.

Sounds like a neat balance there. Gives people a reason to take MPIS (like myself).