View Single Post
Old 2011-02-25, 04:48   Link #229
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Well, what I feel is a strong reminder of Ryokushi's scenario via Higurashi to be honest. IMW would apply here I suppose, but we'd be really going off tangent to discuss this here. If it were Ryokushi, he might attribute to miracle falling victim to certainty of despair to a lack of understanding and consensus of all the actors involved... and it would fall to Homura to somehow steer the ship to that direction.

Sayaka's own approach seems to make her a tragic Greek heroine, whose fall is that of her own making. Ultimately, her approach was made on premature conclusions and she came to realize this at a point of no return. Perhaps the worst part about Sayaka's turmoils would be the impact that her rant will have no Madoka in trying to discern what she must do.

I was discussing with SpaceBrotha, AtomicX and Arkeus about how Kamijou and Hitomi being sent to the sacrificial altar. As strange as it is, I felt that Kamijou and Hitomi should not be butchered by the vices of Sayaka as it's now almost meaningless plot wise.

The final role for Hitomi and Kamijou would be to play a final clarification on what their stance on Sayaka have been, and based off of what Urobuchi Gen is known for, Kamijou and Hitomi have only the best of intention for Sayaka, with Sayaka completely misunderstanding the situation. A secondary role for Kamijou would be to see if hope and despair must coexist together, so essentially whether if he becomes crippled yet again following the demise of Sayaka would be paramount.
Funny you brought up Greek Tragedy, because to some extent the show did very much remind me of a classic Greek Tragedy of nigh hopelessness. Sayaka for me would be like... say... Cassandra. Both were promised gifts which became cursed due to their own actions, watched everything they love collapse before them, and now left as mere broken shells of their former selves. At least Cassandra found salvation in death (sort of), but can we say that Sayaka will be that lucky?

I think the question for Sayaka now would be if she could even be redeemed at this point. Homura tried and failed, and we don't know of Madoka can do it. The idealist in me would say that she can, that this is her power, and breaking the cycle entails saving witches from their corruption. That is of course assuming we get such a story.

I'm trying to actually think of a Tragic Greek hero/ine who would fit Madoka nicely to some extent, but I haven't seriously read Greek mythology in 5 years.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2011-02-25 at 04:59.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote