View Single Post
Old 2012-10-04, 16:27   Link #625
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Wasn't there an interview some time earlier when Gen said that whereas the original Madoka script was primarily a story of his own creation, the new Madoka movie will be a true product of the combination of the Magica Quartet? Suggesting, implicitly, that in this case Shinbo, Aoki, etc. would have had some actual input in discussing the future of Madoka's direction. I highly doubt the final movie will have Urobochi going back to his grimdark roots in any manner contradictory to the first story's conclusion.
That's correct.

And yeah, based in part on the Magica Quartet factor for the movie, I doubt that it will be significantly more grimdark than the original anime narrative.

Now, I do think it will change up the PMMM universe some. It pretty much has to, otherwise the whole movie might feel like an exercise in vanity. I suspect there will be a new twist, a new threat, perhaps even one final stage "farther down the rabbit hole". But I also suspect that the protagonist(s) will largely overcome that, albeit with some sacrifice in all likelihood.