View Single Post
Old 2006-04-29, 18:30   Link #13
Amaranthine

I voted for Yuki and Itsuki, with my preference being in that order.

Yuki... I'm not sure I have an especially good reason for liking her. I just like her, you know? She's calm, quiet, reserved... quite different from most of the other characters. I have a thing about simplicity, and in some ways that's what she's like. A breath of fresh air amongst all the insanity that goes on in the show. (Not that the insanity is a bad thing.) Her simple, to the point manner of speaking, and her matter of fact way of doing things... they just make me smile.

But at the same time as being so serious, she's so cute. Especially her run in Episode 4, after she's put the bat in homing mode and hit the ball out of the pitch. ^^ For me her character design is perfect, just the right amount of cuteness without going over the top.

And the finally, her incantations are just awesome. I can't wait to see more of her in action. And not just that, I'm really looking forward to seeing more of he rin eveyr respect, and to seeing her character developed further.

I like Itsuki because he makes me laugh. He always seems to have a stupid smile on his face, and to be totally unconcerned with what's going on. One of my favourite moments, for some reason, is when he slides up to Kyon on the bench in episode 4. Kyon's response to it, "Your face is really close", makes me laugh every time. That may seem like a reason for liking Kyon, but it kind of displays what I like about Itsuki, the fact that he just doesn't seem bothered by anything. He just carries on talking and smiling. Really though... I think I just like the stupid look on his face the whole time. ^^;