View Single Post
Old 2011-10-10, 18:21   Link #34
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
What's the specs of the current PC you're about to upgrade or replace?
Heh, it's old. Single 2.4GHz processor(Pentium 4), 512mb RAM, 75GB HDD. It works mostly good, just lags horribly if I have several things open. And also tends to have trouble with those blip.tv streams that people like Spoony and others are tending to use nowadays. Not sure of the other stats(other than it has "powered by Asus" on the front), as it was a custom unit I got at CompUSA before it closed down. Lasted me a long time.

So yeah, if I gotta get something new, I'd like it to last me a long time, too. Future-proofing, as it were.

Still looking around at computers, but I have gotten a lot of useful knowledge and ideas from this tread, so thanks to everyone for that. I have a friend here that's looking for some deals, too.

And yeah, I've considered Linux. Given that I really don't do video games anymore (just emulated old games if at all), I have thought about going totally with a Linux install, possibly Ubuntu. I do use stuff like Open Office and Firefox, no real microsoft programs much anymore, so I think I might be okay. But I'll decide that once I find a computer (whether pre-built or DIY).
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote