View Single Post
Old 2006-03-15, 06:38   Link #29
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hawq
The thing is that, I don't even know how to use the software. I tried turturiols, but they seem to be kind of complicated to understand.

By the way are the compostion the layers.

If anyone can help me they can earn some reputation points.
Go read the manual. That's what it's there for... If you cannot understand the tutorials, then either 1) you aren't familiar enough with the program (just play around with it or consult the manual) or 2) you aren't ready to learn how to use AfterFX (try using some other, easier video editing tools first).

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiZarharva
nope it can't i dun think. It's not ment to cut and split video into clips-and cant' detect scenes. And for these reason's is why adobe after effects is very good because you have to choose to the extent of where, when something will happen.
-Adobe After effects is not a video editing. all it does is Add and subtract and move things around on video -- it cant manipulate it as a program like premiere or maybe even vdub.
Adobe After Effects is a compositing/effects program used for video editing. Its purpose is more with filtering and advanced processing of video and excels at compositions across layers, whereas Adobe Premiere works better for compositions across time.

And as a side note, could we put some guidelines into this thread? The AnimeSuki forum community is not the best source for learning how to use After Effects, but if there's a specific question that someone has which does not have a straightforward answer, then one of the fansubbers who use AfterFX could help out. Turning this thread into a AfterFX free-for-all ends up with a lot of people asking questions for which answers could be found within a minute or two in the manual or on Google. I think this thread would be less noisy and more beneficial if the topic mostly centered around how to achieve a certain goal in the process of working on a fansub, because answers for those tend to be harder to find on Google, etc. and you can draw upon the knowledge pool of actual experts in that regard.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote