View Single Post
Old 2012-02-12, 03:08   Link #202
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
I personally think that this game would be really great if you can explore islands, towns and cities just like final fantasy...

discover hidden treasures, fight sea monsters and stuff..

oh how I dreamed that a one piece game would look like this
equip items and stuff...
they could add filler weapons for every straw hat character...

it would be also great if you can upgrade the ship and explore it inside and talk to your crewmates..
Though i would not use Final fantasy or Suikoden as base, I could really picture something like this.

You might be able to go to any of the 4 blue seas and travel freely exploring different islands, but when you get to the grandline it gets a bit more restricted due to the chaotic nature of the sea; traveling freely will just get you lost... But you have the log pose and following it will lead you to the islands you need to go to continue the main story of the game. However one thing you would be able to find on your travels is the log poses to particular islands that you can travel to and explore... it would be a whole lot of filler, but the exploration is the idea of the game.

you go explore towns, talk to npcs and buy stuff and all that. Gameplay wise however, i don't think turn base goes well with one piece... instead I would say an adapted form of what they already use but create something more kingdom hearts related. basically stick to real time combat. You would probably have to pick one character at a time and stick with them

Though this would not be an easy game to make; the main storyline of one piece already provides a great deal game content and it could take a good deal of time to make all those extra islands. Might be simplier to ex-out the blue seas and just start of in the grandline... much less content to deal with. And the grandline is where the most interesting stuff is gonna happen anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
One Piece would probably make a kick-ass online MMORPG.

I don't know why they make 1000s of WoW/Diablo clones and not try something new.
Eh, not sure how well that would work out. I mean one thing that would be difficult to work in would be the devil fruits given how vast and varied they are. Creating all the animations needed to cover... i mean we could be talking about 100 completely different fighting styles, all of which need to balanced and work into the game. Not to mention that the animations would have to work with customizable characters; really many of those devil fruits result in body manipulation.