View Single Post
Old 2013-03-31, 17:39   Link #1894
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
This is getting ridiculous to be honest, the "book/manga/whatever is best than the adaption" is nothing new, that is why there is an Oscar award for best adaption, because it is not a given that an adaption will be good. Having said that, this adaption is different but not inherently flawed, otherwise the mangaka would have blocked it since he is the owner of Magi. By itself the anime is entertaining, for flawed adaptions this season take a look at Maoyuu Maou Yuusha.
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha is an equally terrible adaption so that's not saying much. But the problem is that this anime has been incredibly rushed from the beginning. 6 chapters per episode is basically garbage pacing for a typical shonen anime. No it doesn't need to adapt at Naruto or One Piece pace, but 6 chapters is just ridiculous. Especially when they said this anime was supposed to end with Balibadd to begin with.

The fact that they raced to some shitty anime original arc where they massacred the characterization of Alibaba from the manga, and yet they were planning a season 2 all along... It's just so pitiful. They could have ended the anime after Balibadd afterall, paced it better and given it better production values. It would've been successful, they would've had more material for a possible second season in the future...

This is just a production disaster and I don't see how one can spin it any other way. I knew the anime botched the manga before I even picked up the manga, which thank god I did because I wouldn't have realized how amazing the manga is otherwise.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote