View Single Post
Old 2007-07-16, 19:38   Link #249
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Reality View Post
Now, now, you're thinking like teary-eyed fan and much less pragmatically than I would approve of:

Haruhi and Kyon have obvious parallels of the myth involving Orihime and Hikoboshi. Effectively, Orihime and Hikoboshi can only meet once a year on Tanabata (unless it rains, in which case the meeting cannot occur).

Maybe Haruhi and Kyon are only destined to meet when all the planets are in alignment (or something along those lines)? It's quite possible given that Kyon is himself is as much a mystery as Haruhi is. (If Haruhi is not aware of her powers. What is Kyon not aware of about himself?) Tanabata possibly be foreshadowing that their relationship is doomed from the start. It does definitely suggest that their meeting has certain timeless quality about it. (The power of myth and all that.)

It depends, of course, entirely on whether Nagaru wants to take the series to a slightly less whimsical place. I'm hoping Nagaru is building up to some sort of stunning revelation down the line that was as engaging as when Haruhi was revealed to be not-so-ordinary.

Tragic love? Oh yes. Would that make you sad as a fan? Oh yes.

Would it immortalize the Haruhi series? Very much so. Nothing beats a good catharsis, but I suppose I'm more of a masochist than most people.
anyway would i mind if they did not end up together i'll be a little dissapointed but not that much, this was not intended to be romance anime at that start it was something extra for us to debate. I have enjoyed reading the volumes and can't wait for the rest to be translated and will be awaiting the 2nd season as well just gonna have to wait and see what the author does. And by the way you TwistedReality in a earlier post you posted that Koizumi said Haruhi was quite beutiful id be remicent if I did not mention that Kyon has also mentioned it and on more than one occasion