View Single Post
Old 2010-04-23, 11:41   Link #100
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Simply because we haven't seen the actual activation of the MS, doesn't mean it isn't there. Kishimoto has gone out of his way to hide the details of Madara/Tobi's face, so revealing an MS would make such planning a waste of time. It also acts as a nice red herring, since, once again, by not seeing the MS, we cannot say with full certainty that Tobi is Madara (or someone else).
You're right to say there's a reason Kishi is hiding Tobi's face. However, if Tobi really is Madara, what's the point of hiding his MS? We already know he has it, so why hide the fact? To imply he'd be a lot more powerful when using it? That would be a bit obvious. Then again, Kishi seems to be the Master of the Obvious these days

Quote:
I never really bought that Madara/Tobi was afraid. Definitely startled, and definitely disturbed, but outright fear? No, Madara/Tobi's words seemed to indicate that while "What's in the Box" was unexpected, it did not stop Madara/Tobi's plan, it would simply require too many resources to adequately dispose of the snakeman, resources he did not want to waste on Kabuto.

That being said, it is unknown if Madara/Tobi still has the EMS...
I never said he was afraid. All I'm trying to say is that Tobi is hiding something from the others, and he was distressed (not afraid) that there is someone who knows his secret, which is whatever's inside that extra grave of his. I doubt he would be afraid of Kabuto.

Idk how that proves it is unknown that Madara has the EMS

Quote:
Izuna is actually a good option. First, he will undoubtedly have his eyes (though, unlike Itachi, Izuna did die without his eyes, but if Deidara can back whole, and Sasori can be a "real boy", then I see no reason why Izuna couldn't come back with his eyes). Secondly, if Madara/Tobi's time/space jutsu were to come from Izuna (either from Izuna's eyes, or as an ability derived from the EMS which could only be created with Izuna's eyes), then Izuna, with his MS, could be the one person that could actually negate Madara/Tobi's time/space jutsu, and consequently the one person Madara/Tobi would not want to presently fight...
I can't really argue with this, I suppose. But like I said, this is only true if Tobi is Madara. Like I said, we don't know for sure if he is, and there's no point in hiding Tobi's MS considering we already know he has it, and there's not been any hint that Madara can't use it anymore. I don't think it's a matter of Kabuto having posession of a body that can defeat Madara, but a deeper, darker secret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperjake View Post
He's got Madara's memories. I'm thinking that he's just a fragment of Madara's soul kind of like how Voldermort in the Harry Potter series split his soul into the Horcruxes.
Are you sure those are memories? Tobi's good at telling stories, but that doesn't mean they come from memories. He could be acting for all we know.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote