View Single Post
Old 2007-02-25, 16:46   Link #146
Maritime
Oceanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Maritime, you're not alone. I also don't really see Yuuichi and Nayuki really working out, and it's NOT because they're cousins (having been born in China, it didn't strike me as being too weird). While it's undeniable that Nayuki has feelings for Yuuichi, I've seen very little indication that it could work the other way around. Romantic affection-wise, I'd probably rate Nayuki second to last out of all the girls, beating out only Makoto (whom I saw as having more of a father-daughter relationship, especially by the end). Yuuichi has treated her like a sibling throughout the entire show, I can't really see it changing drastically in just an episode or two.
I agree. Until now I've really only seen Nayuki as a 'lighten the mood' sort of character who's only wheeled out every now and again to perform her sleepy-schtick routine to bring some humour to the episode. Compared to Makoto (who I also believed had a father/daughter relationship with Yuuichi) and Ayu (who's easily THE primary female in the series) she's done very little, from a romantic standpoint, to endear herself to Yuuichi and I'd hate to see them end up together just because she becomes the only girl left at the end.