View Single Post
Old 2013-10-06, 17:33   Link #48
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
As good as this LN is, keep those illusions in check until after it airs, you don't want them to get broken before it starts do you. (TAMNI FTW!)

I'm seriously worried at how they are going to handle the massive info dump in this anime, they could do like Horizon and explain every single thing or like Index and explain the important parts in a way non LN readers can understand it. I'm also worried at how the fanbase is going to start shipping Tatsuya x Miyuki even though they're siblings, you know like the LN readers here do (I'm a Tats x Erika shipper by the way), but apart from those it's got the potential to be good and from the preview it looks like it is.
Don't worry about the info dump. I've conducted a little experiment where I took all the text of the first chapter of volume 1 and cut out all the useless narrative, descriptions, and monologue explaining the setting that could be explained through visuals or simply glossed over like

Quote:
It was the day of the school entrance ceremony, but it was still early morning, two hours before the start of the ceremony.
The freshmen whose hearts were filled with anticipation at the future their new life would bring, along with their even more exultant parents, still numbered few and far between.
Know what happened? Originally the text was 9535 words, but after I was through with it it was down to 2809 words. Note that I kept all the technical details relating to magic. The dialogue could further be cut in half and the technical details could be shortened like it was in the manga. Heck, I bet the the first episode could easily cover more than the first chapter.

There was also this genius who came up with the idea of elaborating on spells used at the end of every episode and I thought it would be a great idea to have chibi professor Tatsuya give an in-depth explanation on magic with chibi Miyuki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
Actually I was wondering if it's not going to be OVAs or movie for sure. So it's a 100% TV series?
That's what an anime means and you can't turn a series like this into an OVA or a movie.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-10-06 at 18:45.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote