View Single Post
Old 2013-11-23, 02:12   Link #158
immblueversion

I too have seen the dub, and I finally know the rest of those voice actors. Now, to go over the voice actors of note:

Pantherlily (Rick Keeling) - There's only one way to describe it: deep. Very deep. So deep, it almost sounded like he was focusing more on his own voice than his performance, which was mostly just exposition, so it was kind of weak. But seeing how we'll be getting more (and better) scenes of him, there's still hope of improvement.

Eclair (Jessica Calvello) - This one was...bad. She just droned soullessly during much of her scenes, and her more emotional scenes were so over-the-top that it reminded me too much of her role as Excel for me to enjoy. This could just be my complete and utter disinterest in Eclair as a character talking, though, and it would be tricky to give a good or interesting performance to a character who is neither of those things. But honestly, I think this one just made it worse...

Momon (Tiffany Grant) - Definitely one of the better ones. There was a cuteness to it that wasn't quite as grating as in Japanese, so it definitely helped make Momon a little more charming for me, when originally he was almost as uninteresting to me as Eclair (and yeah, I finally know for sure that Momon is a boy).

Duke Cream (Scott Zenreich) - He lies somewhere between Eclair's awfulness and Momon's decency. All I know about this guy is that he's a complete unknown, so if this is his first major voice role, he has much room for improvement. But he did bring his lame role just a little step up, so he wasn't god-awful.

Dist (Taliesin Jaffe) - He was just okay. And that's saying a lot, since Dist is one of the most boring, forgettable anime movie villains in the rogue's gallery of all boring, forgettable movie villains.

Cannon (Kyle Hebert) - Can't go wrong with Kyle. He was a tad spotty for a scene or two, but he wasn't awful.

Coordinator (Shelley Calene-Black) - Again, like Kyle, kind of spotty here and there, but nothing terrible.

Chase (Jason Liebrecht) - This guy was criminally underused. That's his only problem. He was by far the coolest villain, with the coolest powers and coolest design of all the villains in this movie. And now he gets the coolest voice. This guy was scary. I will remember this one.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote