View Single Post
Old 2011-11-16, 07:04   Link #6070
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
As a Chihiro fan, my heart break apart reading this chapter, though surely not as much as hers. Keima took what was probably the worst option, but personally I don't mind - yes, he screwed up, and screwed up bad (I don't believe there's a master plan behind all this, this all happen because things happen beyond his control and he panicked).

Which is fine, as the story paints Keima as a real bad guy here (even Keima himself feels guilty) and after so many conquests perfectly going according to plan, having one where he failed spectacularly makes him more flawed and the drama would definitely be interesting. One thing I hope, I really really hope, that after all this melodrama is over, there'll be a happy ending for all of them, especially Chihiro.

Anyway, one interesting thing we can take from this chapter is the revelation that Chihiro liked Keima, all the way from before the capture. With that, I re-read Chihiro's capture arc trying to see hints (as well as reminiscing the times where things are all still happy) and read other places on the internet, and I find something interesting. Might be nothing and just grasping at straws, but an interesting crack theory for me.

Look at chapter 28 page 8, the one where Keima loudly proclaims to Elsie that she hates that kind of real girl (Chihiro). Does the girl on the top left seem familiar? Then, look at the next page - RIGHT AFTER Keima said that, the alarm rings and the gap is formed. What if the gap is formed when Chihiro overheard Keima and broke her heart? Then the times she teased Keima is just her being tsundere and her chasing other boys is to find those regarded as 'cool and ideal' and not the loser otamega...after all, while he does this to all the other girls, the fact remains that the one thing that closes the gap in her heart is when she kissed Keima. Well, that and shine despite being plain and all that.