Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Ginga Kikotai Majestic Prince
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-11, 15:27   Link #705
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I would think that if it wasn't for the fact that Ange does seem to employ strategy. She used strategy to avoid Izuru's shots, get him all turned around before coming in with the "killing blow" in the end. He also used strategy when taking out some of the Wulgaru fighters last episode. It does appear that when angered he/she rushes her opponents with brute force, but there are times when Ange uses subtler tactics, such as her knowing which weapons to use at which time and when to use speed to confuse, etc.

I really think that they only reason why she suddenly couldn't hold her own against Jiart, who has had trouble against Izuru even without the power-up, is simply because Izuru is the MC and the plot says so. They keep wanting to push him at us as this awesome leader and hero, and while I agree he is a pretty nice guy and can influence and help others, he's nowhere near the great leader MC that they are trying to say he is.

I think we need to also take into consideration the circumstances of the battle between Izuru and Ange. It was a mock battle against a new teammate in which Izuru wasn't really sure what to do. He says as much in the dialog. As such I don't think Izuru was going all out/as serious against Ange as he is when he fights Jiart. The fight against Ange just wasn't as serious for Izuru, as he's not really fighting for his life or the life of his friends. If he loses against Jiart then well it's kind of over. Different mindsets for each battle as it were.

Sure Ange probably should have been able to do more with what we've seen Ange do before, but I don't disbelieve that Izuru would do better in a fight against Jiart then against Ange since one fight is more noteworthy.

And poor Patrick I expect him to die now that he's fallen for Tamaki. xD
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote