View Single Post
Old 2013-04-01, 15:25   Link #21
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

My picks, in alphabetical order:

- Boku no Imouto wa Osaka Okan For a 3-minute Flash show, this show was hilarious from start to finish. Kana Asumi did a great job voicing Namika in Kansai-ben, when she's not from that region herself. 9/10

- Boku ha Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT This show proved that it could handle a romantic aspect as well as a comic one. Rika shot up from being my least favorite to my most favorite character. I would have liked some development on Yozora's behalf as well. We still don't know why she has such trouble trusting people. 9/10

- GJ-Bu A Charming SoL show that didn't take itself all too seriously, yet was incredibly funny to watch. The girls were likable and even Kyolo ahd his merits. 9/10

- Kotoura-san Had I not read about the depressing first episode, I probably would have missed this brilliant show. It had a few flaws along the way, but overall, it was a very good combination of comedy and drama. 9/10

- Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? I really enjoyed this show. Iori Nomizu is quickly becoming a seiyuu who can get a show far, and she definitely didn't disappoint as the Black Rabbit. Too bad it was a bit on the short side. 9/10

- OreShura A nice romantic comedy. Not the best I've seen, but certainly not the worst either. Ending was to be expected, but (at least for now), it worked for me. 8/10

- Sasami-san@Ganbarani This show turned out to be something completely different than the premise told me. Still, SHAFT did their best with it and I like how it incorporates Japanese mythology. 8/10

- Tamako Market This show took a long time to become interesting. By episode 5, I was ready to drop it, but in the end, I was glad I stuck with it, because it got better later on. Not enough to fully redeem the somewhat boring first half, but definitely enough to at least not end up as a total failure. 7/10

- Vivid Red Operation This was the show I had the highest expectations for, and it didn't disappoint. Lots of action, cute girls, and plenty of fanservice. Maybe not truly original in terms of concept, but I enjoyed it a lot. 9/10

- Yama no Susume The only other short show of this season I enjoyed. I had my doubts after episode 2, but episode 3 redeemed that, and the show stronger from there on. I hope to see more of this later. 8/10

Carry-overs

- Girls und Panzer Waiting for the final episode to be subbed, so I can watch them both in one go. Still, by the looks of it, this will be the best show of both Fall 2012 and Winter 2013. 10/10

- Little Busters! Another one of my most anticipated shows, and one that kept me glued to the screen every week. Things are slowly starting to make sense, so I hope the second season will clear the remaining questions up. 8/10

- Psycho-Pass I didn't find the ending overly impressive, and I would've liked some more development for characters such as Yayoi, but other than that, the show was very good. 8/10

- Sakurasou no Pet na Kanajo I still have two episodes to go, but I don't see this show taking a turn for the worst, after all the characters have been through. An enjoyable ride from start to finish. 8/10

Dropped

- Ai Mai Mi! First episode was too terrible for me to endure. Not funny whatsoever, even with my low threshold for humor.

- Mangirl! I managed to sit through two episodes before I gave up.

On Hold

- Chihayafuru 2 I lost my motivation to watch the first season halfway through, though I eventually finished and enjoyed it. After episode 1 of S2, I lost the will to watch more again, so I may pick this up again at a later time, when I don't have a lot of stuff to watch.

- Zetsuen no Tempest Mostly due to time issues. other shows took higher priority, and this ended up at the bottom of my list over time. Another show for a much later date, most likely.

Last edited by Lord of Fire; 2013-04-01 at 16:06. Reason: Fixed typos
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote