View Single Post
Old 2006-11-15, 09:18   Link #3
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Just had a chance to check this out finally. Didn't know what it was the first time I saw the name. But when I checked the link to ANN I got my answer. So it seems that 'Go Nagai' is live and well and some of his more obscure stuff is getting an upgrade. I'd heard of the original show but never seen any. But this new OVA like many of his other works that get remakes are always on the mark as far as the horror goes. As well as his perverted sense of humor. If you didn't have that it wouldn't be a 'Go Nagai' flick. It almost seems awkward seeing it in a show like this. But if you've seen his other stuff you know it's his work. Of course no 'Go Nagai' flick is complete without angry brows, devilish eyes and sharp sideburns. So far I'm enjoying it. It's pretty dark and disturbing. But every now and then I get a chuckle when something silly happens. It's just that it's a very odd contrast mixing the humor in with such designs. You're used to it when you watch his older stuff. Because they were done during such a time. But when it's updated for a more mature audience it almost seems out of place. And this show seems very dark despite all things. But again I'm a 'Go Nagai' fan so I enjoy just about every 'Go Nagai' work that comes back into the light. Provided it's entertaining. I'll be looking forward to OVA vol. 2.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote