View Single Post
Old 2012-08-04, 16:10   Link #40
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Furthermore, I'm now confused why all these big bad players like Asuna and Kirito are back on the 50th floor.
Spoiler for Comparison to the novels:

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I thought they were on floor 50 to help the masses, so to speak, but that makes little sense if only one person needs to clear the game.
The raid teams we've seen to-date ensure a solo player can't clear the game though. You seem to need really big parties to take down each floor's raid boss to progress to the next level. So you can't just wait for that one guy to do it. Also, eventually in a death game you're going to lose player's... you'd have to support the masses at least a little to ensure fresh player's can move into the meat grinder... so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
I think it would be a bit different with a VRMMO. Being athlethic, fit and having fast reflexes in real life might be a bigger advantage than having experience with a lot of normal mmos since you need to actually move with your body to play. It's the first VRMMO, so only the beta testers would have prior experience with playing a system like that.
Also, being the world's first VR MMO means absolutely no one has any experience with it, other than the beta testers. Sure, there would be a ton of tropes and things that you'd know entering the game on day one, but even Klein who's had years of MMO experience (at least, from what we saw in Ep1) had a ton of issues with a simple mob on lvl1. So in theory everyone would be on a level playing field... once the basics were understood.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-08-04 at 16:27. Reason: added spoiler tag for comparison
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote