View Single Post
Old 2012-09-15, 11:26   Link #1225
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I'm going to say that knowing the game beforehand is actually the WORST way to watch a show adapted from an eroge.

eroge players often have the wrong mindset when it comes to anime adaptations. They do not see character chemistry. They see flags. Most flags = that girl chosen for the ending route Wheee!.
I really would like to know what you're basing this accusation on. You can apply the same logic to manga readers and novel readers, not just game players. You can have your own opinion but don't make it sound like you speak for every one. Sure you used the word 'often' but that was referring to your comment about 'flags' not about whether knowing details from the source is good or not. You really need to be more careful on how you say these things.

I personally find reading the source material (especially if it's a VN) allows me to enjoy the show on a much deeper level. I know things that an anime adaption simply does not have enough time to transition into the show. In this case, Isara is treated like a back round character instead of the larger role she has in the game. I doubt the anime will get into her story so I'm glad that I already know it from playing the game, otherwise, it's possible (depending from show to show) I would've become frustrated with how the anime is treating my favorite character. However, BECAUSE I know the source material, I can overlook the decision to make her into a side character and enjoy the anime for what the directors decided focus on.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote