Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-21, 09:35   Link #1440
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Not to mention that fielding a team of ten Fireflies against Oarai's mixed bag mostly low-level tanks? Not only would that be overkill, it would feel like overkill. Like using a nuke against a mosquito. It's not really going to impress anyone. "Yeah, I brought in overwhelming force and I won, aren't you impressed?" Well... no, because the other side never had a chance to begin with. This is a sport and a martial art. How you win can be nearly as important as winning in and of itself.
Really, the Firefly was a tank that the Americans were offered and explicitly refused to accept. Saunders fielding the one is a bit of a stretch, and they could have easily substituted it for another 76mm. But I think the creators found the Firefly too sexy to not include, and we wouldn't have had that bit about how the 17-pounder sounds different from the other guns.

I also don't think the creators are that interested in showing off all the best murder machines. If they were, they sure wouldn't have saddled Ooarai with such a mixed bag of weaker tanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Thanks for the correction.

Now charging other tanks to get better penetration within 50m seemed so much ridiculous if not stupid for a tank commander to do... I mean knowing the enemy could penetrate yours at 800-900m!!!

That's why my tank enthusiasm and the anime usually oppose each other in terms of penetration is the topic.... LOlss
That's why in most engagements where you have the inferior tanks, the goal is generally to sneak a tank into the enemy's flank and shoot at the weaker armor there. Ironically, this is what the Germans had to do more than the Allies did. The main reason we don't hear about this is that too much of the World War II story is told from the Western Ally point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Just watched the episode.... I praise those who could actual hit a target without shouting too much.
Naomi is surprisingly awesome. I like how much characterization was shown in episode 6 even though it's almost completely about the battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
She could come back as a spectator to watch the Oorai matches.
Yeah, but it's not the same. Darjeeling lost most of her touch as a bystander, for instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
On another topic, it's briefly shown at the end that one of the tanks fighting against Pravda (russian team) seem to have needed to raise a second flag, and one of white flags seemed ragged as if the tank has been fired on after it has already raised the first flag. I wonder if it's a rules violation to fire on a tank that has already raised a flag.
That's just a comical touch. The tank raised two flags because it's a 7TP with two turrets . If that poor tank was a T-35, then we'd have seen five white flags.