View Single Post
Old 2009-04-24, 12:30   Link #67
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Well, she's got this surface shy girl vibe overlaying a submerged Tsundere vibe. (The tsurime is probably a visual signal of this, and combined with the Hime cut is probably a major part of her visual appeal).

So it combines that "oh she's so cute and helpless, I need to protect her" with "she's so strong willed and determined- she's cool".

Thus allowing the character to avoid both the main complaint about shy girls ("she's so wimpy- stand up for yourself girl") and the main complaint about Tsunderes ("she's such a b--ch").

However, we'll see if they can keep it up, as I figure keeping those two vibes in resonance will be difficult.

Behavioral dissonance might set in, probably resulting in complaints that Mio is out of character in some episode. I foresee heated debate on the subject.
I agree. Mio is that type of character design to appeal particularly to the guys. I dont find her popularity surprising at all.

The fact that they have her in maid outfits and specifically saying she would look best in that out of the others is a big hint.

She's also smart/responsible, at the moment seemingly being the leader of the group leading to a capable/independent nature while the moe side, particularly the 'afraid of creepy things bit' is to satisfy the idea that there will always be something a guy can comfort her about.