Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Girlish Number
View Single Post
Old 2016-10-08, 03:02   Link #17
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ep 01

Oh wow. Count me in with the poor onii-chan who was face palming at the end at the interactions between his imo and the two producers. The meeting totally gave off the feel of a potential disaster waiting to explode, but at the same time watch it be successful in an unexpected, weird way.

I actually liked the realism and the ... not snark, but the biting tone and, yes, the sarcasm present throughout most of it. It was not overbearing, but it was definately there and was definitely ... not exactly not pulling it's punches but hitting others in ... weaker, more fragile parts of others/the industry.

The facial expressions of the imouto made me giggle quite a bit, by the way - I tend to enjoy Flapper's Chara designs in general, but these looked quite nice, I thought.

While the OreGairu series did not click with me as much, this episode did a bit more. I am interested, yes, but am not quite feeling the whole hearted impulse to commit to this one.

Even so yes - just from watching episode one the seiyuu and anime industry as portrayed there does indeed to have, very odd aspects to it. Odd, idiotic, infuriating, puzzling and yet weirdly endearing in terms of how they are presented here, perhaps, but ... well, yeah. Some things are better left in silence, perhaps.